WHO WE ARE:
At Shilling Canning Company, a new Mid-Atlantic restaurant by Chef Reid Shilling, our professional management and front of house team, brings experience, skills and dedication to match those of the kitchen. Each team member shares our belief in the power of respect.
Our service is honest, warm, professional, welcoming, friendly and detail-oriented. Our team smiles because they are happy to serve, and because the quality of our ingredients is pristine and our sourcing and execution is impeccable. There is value in everything we offer and integrity in what we recommend and how we deliver it.
At Shilling Canning Company we focus on local sourcing and careful consideration for how food is prepared, cooked, and served. All proteins are butchered in house, seafood is carefully selected from local fishermen and vendors, soups and sauces are based on the restaurant’s own stocks and artisan breads are baked fresh on-site daily.
Shilling Canning Company is seeking full time greeter candidates with a great attitude, a great sense of humor, energy and dependability.
Daily responsibilities for a Greeter may include but are not limited to:
- Greeting all guests with a warm smile, leading them to their seats, and providing them with menus.
- Preparing the greeter station for nightly service & keeping it organized throughout service.
- Keeping servers and management informed about any special requests or notes on reservations.
- Answering the phone, taking reservations, and fielding general questions about Shilling Canning Company.
- Maintaining knowledge of menu items.
- Handling all guest concerns and complaints in a professional manner and further communicates these to the management team.
- Thanking and saying goodbye to guests on their way out, and clearing and resetting the table for the next guests.
Regular and on-time attendance is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the restaurant to include late nights, weekends and holidays.
Reasons to join our team include:
- Flexible Hours
- Room for Advancement
- Employee Discounts
- Working for new highly anticipated restaurant and concept
Specific Job Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Poise, a positive attitude, and the desire to work as part of a team.
- Warmth and friendliness as the first and last person guests interact with.
- Passion for creating an exceptional guest experience.
- The ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced work environment.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Basic computer skills.
Shilling Canning Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Shilling Canning Company is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled